Saturday, March 03, 2007

Classic Archie Cartoon

I'm throwing this clip up for a couple of reasons.
First off, you might remember a few weeks ago when I was writing about the coming changes to Archie Comics' Betty and Veronica. I realize that many of you out there don't read Archie comics or haven't since you were kids, and if you remember Archie and his friends at all it's through the TV cartoons of the late sixties and seventies.
Secondly, I want to share a little piece of my dysfunctional childhood with you.
I watched those cartoons as a kid, and there is one episode that, for reaons I cannot fathom, has stuck in my mind even though it has been years since I last saw it. In that episode, teenage genius Dilton Doiley converts a washing machine into a computer, and Reggie breaks into his lab to use it to do his homework and in the end...well, just watch it.

No comments: