Saturday, December 30, 2006

When Legends Meet

In the past week or so, I've written here, in separate entries, about Marvel Comics maven Stan Lee and game show legend Bill Cullen. Mark Evanier, on his blog, News From Me, has done me one better by posting a video from YouTube showing those two Pop Culture icons sharing the same stage. Bill is one of the celebrity panelists on To Tell The Truth attempting to divine which of the three strangers in front of him is the real Stan Lee.
The video perfectly illustrates points I made in my earlier entries about the genial likability of Bill Cullen and Stan Lee's uncanny gift for self-promotion, plus it gave me an opportunity to see this classic game show for the first time in many years.
Click here to check it out...it's a treat for game show and comics fans.

No comments: