Friday, December 22, 2006

5 Is Too Much

One is adequate.
Two is okay.
I like three best.
Five is just unnecessary.
I'm talking about razor blades.

I recently received a free sample of Gillette's five bladed Fusion "shaving system" (translation to non-ad agency English: "razor") At first I afraid to even touch the damned thing, afraid that with that many blades, I cut myself just by picking it up. Eventually, I overcame my anxieties and tried the thing, and I must say that I'm not overly impressed.
It would seem that there is eventually a point of diminishing returns that is reached in the quest for ever more advanced multi-blade razors and five blades appears to me to be well past that point. I have really noticed no significant improvements in closeness or smoothness of shave over the triple bladed disposables that I've been using for the past year or so. Therefore, I probably won't be spending the extra money to keep using the Fusion.

No comments: