Thursday, March 23, 2006

Pickin' At The Scab

I should just drop this. I know I should. But I can't. I know that it's crazy to dignify by responding to them the ranting of someone who won't even leave his name, but I just can't let it go. I must defend my honor, and besides, I really can't think of anything else to write about today.
Anyway, I received another comment from "Anonymous" yesterday on my response to the comments on Tuesday's post. I'm assuming it's the same "Anonymous," but because the comments are "Anonymous" there's no way of knowing. For all I know it could be just one person or there could be a whole League of Ray-Haters lurking out there in cyber-space. Anyway, my No. 1 fan today wrote:
"dude, you are such an insensitive a**hole i hope you die and worms eat your feet"
Poetry. Sheer poetry.
Well, you won't be disappointed if you're not in a big hurry. After all, as much as I'm loathe to admit it sometimes, I am merely human and thus will die eventually. However, worms will not eat my feet as I wish to be cremated.
As for me being insensitive, is it insensitive of me to suggest that an eight year old child should have proper adult supervision? No, rather it shows a concern for the welfare of the kid rather than the mother's "image," which is all that "Anonymous" seems to care about. It appears to bother him less that a child was playing with fire and could have been hurt or killed than that I have said mean things about his beloved Marie Osmond. With those kind of priorities, its no wonder he doesn't want to leave a name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to respond to you as quickly as you responded to me.
I was busy defending the honour of Ms. Osmond in other venues.
I am a regular reader of your blog, and I want you to know that in general your entries are informative and entertaining.
However, your recent activity vis a vis Marie Osmond has been pitiful, and I just knew the moment I read it that you needed to be put in your place.
I apologize if my language has been abrasive, or my tone impolite, I was just trying to defend the honor of a very special lady, my heroine, Marie Osmond.