Friday, March 10, 2006

My Cousin The Movie Star

Today is Sharon Stone's birthday. You know, I can remember a time a couple of decades ago when the only newspaper you could read about Stone in was the Meadville Tribune, the daily rag of Meadville, Pennsylvania, her hometown. I'm from Linesville, which is about twenty miles west of Meadville on the border with Ohio.
I followed a link on Stone's Internet Movie Data Base page and found a list of other actors born in Meadville; a list that did include a familiar name: Josh Janiak. Now, I really only barely know him, and, in fact, have not seen him since he was about three years old and I haven't even spoken to his mom, Judy, since 1994, but nonetheless, Josh Janiak is my cousin. I'm not telling you this so you'll think I'm cool or special or anything like that (if you're a regular Word reader you already know that I'm all those things), but just as an example of some of the unexpected stuff you can find on the web if you're not looking for anything in particular.
I wonder what he and his mom been up to recently, after all the only film credit on Josh's page is a decade old... I suppose I could ask his grandmother, my aunt Ann, that is if I where still talking to her.

No comments: