Thursday, March 30, 2006

An Even More Rambling And Pointless Post Than Usual

Outside the sun is shining, the birds are singing, the temperature lurks around the 70 degree mark, children run amok on the playground and one begins to suspect that spring may finally have taken hold at last...but I wouldn't count on it. It's still early in the season and I say there's a 25% chance that we're up to our asses in snow again by noon on Sunday. I'm not putting the sweaters in mothballs just yet and the winter coat is still within easy reach.
The fickle fluctuation of the weather the last couple of weeks has combined with a lack of sleep and general stress to leave my immune system vulnerable to a touch of whatever virus has been making the rounds of the stomach and heads of my co-workers. Of course, going out with Joe last night and getting embarassingly stumbling, puking drunk didn't help anything either. Couldn't skip work today, though, because even though I could barely face Joe after the way I fell apart in front of him last night, it would have been even worse the next time I had to work with him if I'd blown off today.
Needless to say, I did not get around to watching Unanimous last night, as I long since passed out by then. I do have last weeks debut episode on tape, though I've yet to find the time or courage to actually watch it. I'm fairly certain, though, that my initial impression, based on the promos, of yet another "reality" show that puts people in situations purposely and solely designed to bring out the very worst in human nature will be born out. Of course, it could turn out to be compelling TV in that car wreck, can't-help-but-stare-even-though-you-know-you-shouldn't kind of way that Big Brother is at its best, or worst, or whatever.
I suddenly realize I've been staring at the computer screen for about ten minutes without writing anything. Time to snap out of it, upload this sucker, and go lie down. I think I'm going to lie low and rest this weekend after I post the trivia question tomorrow, maybe head over to my sisters place and hide in the basement with some pens and work on that story I'm supposed to be inking for Brien Wayne Powell that I want to have done by SPACE or maybe I'll get a new spiral notebook and do some serious writing. Either way, I'm running out of time and I've wasted enough of mine and especially yours, so I'll just go lie down now.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I watched 10 minutes of Unanimous last week and quickly concluded it is all a setup with really bad acting. I think Steve is the only guy not in on it, and in the end he'll win all the original amount. The other guys are horid actors.