Friday, March 24, 2006

Our Long National Nightmare Is Over

I'd like to apologize to regular readers of The Word who actually like reading my rantings on pop culture for getting distracted from the business of providing pithy thoughts on TV and movies by getting into a feud with an anonymous pissed off Marie Osmond fan. I sort of have to thank the quy because I was having a slight case of writer's block, and he gave me something to write about.
It appears that the feud is over, however; since as I write this there've been no comments on my latest response to his idiocy. Perhaps he finally realized that by arguing with me he was just feeding my ego. I get off on the attention and am a firm believer in the old adage that there is no such thing as "bad" publicity. The important thing to me was that, love me or hate me, at least he was reading me. Not only that, but what he read made an impression and moved him to respond. While I welcome and cherish all the positive feedback I've gotten, I have observed that people are far more likely to write a letter or leave a comment when they're pissed off. I hope my anonymous "fan" keeps reading, if only to see just what stupid and insensitive crap will spew forth frommy keyboard next. (If you hated my Marie Osmond rant, just wait 'til next week when I tear into Pat Boone.)
The only thing that worries me is "i hope you die" turning into "im gonna kill you," which I sincerely pray is only a paranoid reaction to having watched the movie Talk Radio, in which a "shock jock" is murdered by an angry listener, one too many times.
Anyway, its time to get back to the really important things; like this week's trivia question.

No comments: