Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Best of "The Word"????

So, as I said yesterday, SPACE (The Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo) is but a mere fortnight hence, and due to my status as a FOBC (Friend of Bob Corby) I do have a table set aside for me and my self-published work. However, I haven't self-published anything in about two years. Last year, I at least had the Atomic Tomorrow to promote, but this year the only thing I've got to promote is this blog. So, that is what I'm going to do.
I'm considering putting together a small sampling, probably just one sheet of paper, of the finest writing from The Word From On High. (Don't think I don't hear you snickering out there in cyberspace!) Due to space limitations and my penchant for long-windedness, I'd probably only have room for four or five items. Now, I have my own ideas as to what the best examples of my work here from the past three months are, but I would like my regular readers (all 3 of you) to give me their input. Below is a list of some of my favorite pieces. Let me know which ones you think best showcase whatever the hell it is that I am trying to accomplish here, or suggest one or two of your favorite pieces that I haven't listed.
My last word on the Veep's "hunting accident"
What happens when reporters have too much time on their hands.
A 7 year old's first experience with death.
My first of what will probably be very many rants against The Other Paper
I debunk the so-called "Superman Curse"
The music of Blue Oyster Cult, to be specific
I rail against people who take too long at ATM's
The inclusion of this piece is pretty much automatic, as this is the infamous Marie Osmond post that caused a minor furor.
Demented thoughts about the new Superman film.
A not so close encounter with a crazy woman.
The SWB of the title are idiots who whine about high gas prices and drive SUVs
Well, those are my nominees for the best of The Word From On High. Which do you think merit inclusion in a collection of the very, very best--or are there gems here I'm overlooking? I look forward to reading what you've got to say.

No comments: