Monday, April 10, 2006

So, Who's Not The Real President?

As you would know if you are one of the hip and happening types who read this blog regularly and thus saw yesterday's odd bit of multi-megabyte wasting rambling on the merits, or lack thereof, of the comedic efforts of Leslie Nielson, I stayed up until about three a.m. on Saturday night/Sunday morning playing poker and ultimately losing everything to "Erudite" Eric Clark, who those of you who aren't him will know, if you are among my small army of fanatical devotees, from his many sage comments contained herein. This always happens when the game gets down to "heads-up" between Eric and me, because he is, quite simply, a better poker player than I am. Now, if I could pack a whole table full of people who play like my idiot brother-in-law, then I'd be a rich man. Anyway, I guess the moral is that I should cash in my own chips when it gets down to the just the two of us, though I think that if I keep honing my skills, I may one day prevail in a heads-up contest.
Anyway, as I said, it took me until three in the morning to lose all my chips, which is pretty good considering that the game started at 8:30 and I didn't havae to buy more chips, so I was tired all day yesterday and reluctantly fell asleep somewhere around six o'clock last night while watching the second series of the British sitcom 'Allo, 'Allo on DVD (which I may write about later, after I catch up on the episode I fell asleep in the middle of) and slept through to the morning, except for being awakened in the middle of the night by my cat, who was running around in a frenzy chasing her own tail or whatever hyperactive cats do in the middle of the damned night and landed right on my head scratching my face with her back claws and actually drawing blood. Whew! That, believe it or not, was all one sentence, so in the interest of readability let's start a new one. The point of this whole ramble is that I missed The West Wing last night and thus have no idea who won the fictional election to replace the fictional President Josiah Bartlett (who I believe is supposed to be descended from the real Josiah Bartlett, a delegate to the Second Continental Congress and Signer of the Declaration of Independence from, of course, New Hampshire, the state the fictional latter-day Josiah Bartlett hails from. I learned about the existence of the factual Bartlett, by the way, when he shows up at the end of the movie 1776.)
The show just isn't watched, or talked about, the way it was in the first few seasons, so no one at work knew either. That then is where you, the loyal members of my globe spanning readership, come in. Can somebody out there please tell me who won the election last night on The West Wing.
Thanks. Looking forward to hearing from you.

No comments: