Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The WORD's New Year's Resolution

Out of all the various December holidays and observances (Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, etc.), the one that most appeals to me is Festivus, the alternative holiday popularized by an episode of the otherwise utterly worthless and unfunny sitcom Seinfeld from about ten years ago. The thing I like most about Festivus is the ritual observed by Seinfeld character George Costanza and his family that is known as "The Airing of the Grievances."
Now, anyone who's been reading this web-log even semi-regularly for the last eleven months would realize that I am not one to wait for a holiday to air my grievances. That then is my New Year's resolution and my promise to you, my readers: I will keep the spirit of Festivus alive in my heart and on my blog year round and let no grievance, no matter how petty, go unaired.
Hallelujah!!

No comments: