Thursday, January 11, 2007

"Wired" magazine Champions Web-Based Comic Books

Okay, I know I'm about eight months late here, but I just got aroung to reading the very interesting article on digital distribution of comic books in the May 2006 issue of Wired magazine, and I wanted to pass it on to my readers. (I know I have one or two left somewhere out there.) There's definitely much in the article for comics publishers to think about, although they appear to be going to some lengths to avoid doing so, according to author Mark McClusky .
You know, given that the topic of this article is very similar to what Scott McCloud was going on and on about in Reinventing Comics, I'm surprised that he was not quoted or asked to comment. It's not as if Wired has never heard of him. When I looked for this piece on their site by entering "comic books" into the search field, several of the articles that came up in the results either mentioned or were about McCloud.
Speaking of McCloud, by the way, someday I'm gonna have to get around to reviewing his latest book, Making Comics.

No comments: