Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Today's News Highlights

In the Columbus Dispatch today:
AK superheroes hail from Middle East

The interior voice of "Cynical Ray" says that this sounds like just another in a long line of new comic book "universes" built on a marketing gimmick rather than solid, entertaining storytelling. "Curious Ray," however, thinks that he might check these Middle Eastern super-heroes out--as soon as their initial storylines are collected in trade paperback, because Ray no longer buys comics periodicals.
It seems that nothing ever changes, you know. I swear that I see this exact same story, featuring minority leaders complaining that there aren't enough minority faces on TV, every single year as the start of the fall TV season gets closer. It's kind of sad, really.

1 comment:

Ray "!!" Tomczak said...

Eric..where ya been (more precisely where was ya two Saturdays ago) I haven't heard from you for awhile. In fact, there haven't been any comments for awhile. I was beginning to worry that my little break from blogging had cost me my five readers.