Monday, June 12, 2006

I'm BACK! (And I Brought A Friend)



Greetings, friends!!
I'm back. In retrospect, frustrating as it was at the time, the fact that due to problems with the Blogger web-site I was unable to update The Word From On High for two days was a good thing. After four months of posting nearly every day, I was getting a little burnt out. So I took a couple of extra days off, after a perfunctory post to let the world know I hadn't slit my wrists in the bathtub, to renew my creative energies and revive my will to write. And to eat and sleep, neither of which I do enough of. It is, however, time to get back to the daily grind of the unforgiving blogosphere, lest I lose my audience completely. If I take any more time off, my five readers may abandon me in frustration. Besides, the daily routine provdes me with some semblance of sanity or an unreasonable facsimile thereof, sorta.
Okay, I'm rambling. Let's move on.
In the near future, I'm finally going to get to some reviews of books I picked up at
SPACE last month, and take a look at what the broadcast TV networks have in store for us in the fall, and tell you what I really think of Last Comic Standing.
For today, though, I thought I'd ease back into the swing of things and share some pictures from the aforementinoned Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo, which took place right here in the magical land of Columbus, Ohio on May 13.
The first pic is of me posing with the Drunken Cat eponymous namesake of
Drunken Cat Comics. (Click on that link for a shot of Cerebus writer/artist Dave Sim hobnobbing with the DC)
The second is me wearing the head of the Drunken Cat costume and standing next to Drunken Cat Comics guiding light, Brian Canini.
Big THANKS to Brian for sending me copies of the pics and for allowing me to stick my greasy head into his nice home made mask.

No comments: