Thursday, February 08, 2007

Idol Gossip: San Antonio, etc.

Now that we won't have to endure another wildly off key rendition, or rending might be more accurate, of "Unchained Melody" until the next season of American Idol I have but one question, and it's for Randy Jackson: What exactly does "Good lookin' out" mean? He said this to several auditioners, both successful and unsuccessful, as they left, or attempted to leave through the wrong door, the audition chamber. But what, for the love of all that is holy in this world, WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DOES IT MEAN????
Okay, now that I've got that out of my system, for now at least, let's get to this week's shows. As I said, auditions are finally over and 172 hopefuls have been invited to Hollywood Week, of which only 24 make it to the live voting.
Of the auditions we saw this week, the most serious contender, and a definite candidate for the final 12, is sixteen year old Baylie Brown from the San Antonio auditions. She's one of the best singers I've seen so far and Simon pronounced her "born to be a pop star." Simon had more faith than the other two in Ashlyn Carr, who got through to Hollywood after an unprecedented second chance audition.
Of last night's "Best of the Rest" show, Ebony Jointer, who auditioned with two friends on skates, Lakisha Jones and Tami Gosnell sound like the best finalist candidates.
Well, just one more week before Idol goes live and America votes. Not me, mind you. I have to work very, very early and just don't have the time or, to tell the truth, the patience to sit in front of the TV hitting the redial button on my phone over and over again hoping to get something other than a busy signal so that I may register my vote. Even if I dialed as soon as Ryan Seacrest says the lines are open, I still got busy signals. I could be doing so much else, like sleeping, during the time I would waste trying to vote. I have a life, or at least like to pretend that I do. I suppose if I really had a life, I wouldn't be wasting my time writing about American Idol. I would be...Oh. I don't know...What do people with so-called "lives" do, anyway? And, for the last time, what does "Good lookin' out" mean?

No comments: