Friday, May 19, 2006

(Now, THAT'S Trivia #15) Heaven Trek (or) 7th Star

I think my fingernails have stopped growing...Seriously, I can not remember the last time I cut them. Well, that's a good thing anyway, because I've lost my nail clippers.
Sorry, that was...weird. Now what am I supposed to be writing? Oh, right--the weekly trivia question. Frankly, I've been wondering whether I should continue these. What do my readers think? Do you just skip these entries and think, "Oh, well, maybe he'll write something interesting tomorrow," or do you find them as enlightening and entertaining as I intend them to be? Please let me know.
Anyway, the broadcast TV networks are announcing their fall schedules, which I will write more about as soon as I see what ABC has up its sleeve for September. The other four networks, including the new CW network, born of the union of struggling mini-nets UPN and WB, have all released their fall slates.
Surprisingly, the CW's schedule includes a show that supposedly aired its "final" episode about two weeks ago, 7th Heaven. I might write some more on that later.
Anyway, today's trivia question concerns 7th Heaven, and Star Trek, which was a staple of the UPN network until last spring when Enterprise ended.
What does 7th Heaven have in common with the Trek movies?
The answer is at The Answer Blog.
By the way, two weeks ago, my question was about Superman's favorite book, To Kill A Mockingbird. However, I recently read the Return of Superman trade paperback, collecting the Reign of the Supermen storyline in which Supes comes back from the dead, and Mockingbird is identified as Clark Kent's favorite movie! Now, I'm certain that in the original comic book they said "book." Am I remembering wrong, or did DC change it for the collected edition? A little digging through my closet will give me the answer, and I'll report back here as soon as I get around to doing that.

No comments: