Friday, May 12, 2006

(Now, THAT'S Trivia #14) Secret Identities

Good Morning, World, and greetings from Downtown Columbus, OH.
This post is going up a little earlier than my normal weekday entries because I am not at my job as I normally would be at 10:30 on a Friday morning. Instead I have taken the day off to prepare for the Small Press and Alternative Comics Expo, known far and wide throughout the inhabited universe simply as SPACE, which begins at the Aladdin Schrine Complex Multipurpose room in just about twenty three and one half hours from now. I am, in fact, at this very moment doing my blogging not from the Whetstone branch of the Columbus Metropolitan Library, which lies just across the street from my humble abode, but rather from the Main branch on Grant Avenue in the very heart of America's fifteenth largest city. I am here basically killing a little time while copies of the selected highlights from this blog are being made, for a quite reasonable fee, at The Monk's Copy Shop over on Gay Street. I shall return to fetch them in about an hour.
Anyway, it's trivia day, and since SPACE is tomorrow and Dave Sim and Gerhard, the creators of the independent comic book Cerebus will once again be guest of honor, I thought I'd throw out a question about their work.
Throughout the run of Cerebus, Sim used real life celebrities past and present as the basis for the likenesses and personalities of many of his supporting characters. Mick Jagger and Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, Woody Allen and even the Three Stooges have all been parodied in the book's pages. One of the earliest, most popular, and longest running of these celebrity based characters was Lord Julius, ruler of Upper Palnu.
Today's question is thus:
Which classic film comedian was Lord Julius modeled upon?
The answer continues, as you well know by now, to be available at The Answer Blog.

No comments: