Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Waiting For V

You may remember that I wrote quite a bit about the film V For Vendetta prior to its theatrical release in March, especially about how it might cmpare to other filmed adaptations of Alan Moore's work, which have been utterly bloody awful--especially From Hell. (I am so glad I had a free pass to that film and didn't actually have to waste any money on the piece of crap.)
Well, I never did get to see V during its somewhat brief theatrical run, but now it is out on DVD and, sooner or later--well, later, I will be watching it and giving my review here. I have reserved it from the Columbus Metropolitan Library and when I checked just minutes ago, I was number 629 in line to check it out. Considering that I was #730 a week ago when I made the reservation, it looks like about six and a half weeks until I can tell you how it stacks up against the comic, which is good because it gives me time to actually read the comic. Yes, I will admit now that I had not read the book at the time the movie was released, but I checked it out about the same time I signed up for the DVD, and I'm about two thirds of the way through it. I could be done already, but I'm also reading I Don't Mean To Be Rude, But... by Simon Cowell, in which he talks at length about his own greatness.
In the meantime, I guess you'll just have to suffer through my analysis of Big Brother All Stars, and my continued and growing admiration for Chicken George.

No comments: