Sunday, June 19, 2005

The Name's Pennyworth; Alfred Pennyworth

So, Batman Begins opened this week....I have not seen it yet. Some firiends were going yesterday afternoon, but I had a niece's birthday party to attend.
Anyway, I hear it's good, and that Michael Caine does a fine job as Alfred Pennyworth, Bruce Wayne's loyal butler...But you know who I think would be perfect for the role of Alfred: Sean Connery. A few years ago, I picked up Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk, written by Len Wein and drawn by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez (one of my all time favorite comic artists, by the way. I might pick up The Return of Donna Troy just to see the art, which features Garcia-Lopez pencils inked by George Preez. I bet it'll be gorgeous) , and there a couple of panels of Alfred in close-up that look exactly like Connery. I wonder if Garcia-Lopez used him as a model. Anyway, since seeing that I've always felt Sean Connery should take a crack at Alfred. (Or maybe if they did a Dark Knight type of film some day soon, he could play the aging Batman himself)

No comments: