Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I Shot Up With The Sheriff

I didn't post anything yesterday because I just couldn't think of anything to write about. None of the entertainment news stories I read provided me with any inspiration....Then this morning...
Let me back up here.
One of the stories I came across yesterday concerned Eric Clapton, who is considering resuming playing his classic hit "Cocaine" in his concerts. Apparently, he stopped playing it after he got off the drugs a few years ago because he was concerned about the "message" it was sending. Now, however, he's talked himself into seeing it as an anti-drug song and may, in the near future, play it in concert again.
Then this morning, I heard Clapton's version of Bob Marley's "I Shot the Sheriff." I wonder, does Clapton still play this one in concert? Isn't he concerned about the "message" that a song about gunning down an officer of the law is sending? Or is he in favor of shooting cops (and sheriffs) as long as you're not high at the time?
What, Mr. Clapton, is the deal here?

No comments: