Sunday, July 17, 2005

Does Anyone Else Find This Appalling?

Apparently the quaint old fashioned idea of "respect for the dead" has absolutely no meaning to the producer of Survivor and other so-called "reality" shows.
I'm speaking, of course, of Mark Burnett's latest spectacle, Rock Star:INXS.
I can understand the members of 80's sensation INXS wanting to find a new lead singer and make a comeback, but doing it in a televised talent show complete with audience voting via internet seems less about finding a new singer for INXS than about finding big ratings for CBS, and it strikes me as incredibly tacky not to mention disprectful of the memory of original INXS singer Michael Hutchence.
Having said that, however, I hope Deanna wins. She has an incredibly sexy voice (matching everything else about her) and her rendition of the Clash song "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" ablsolutely rocked! I would buy an INXS album (or any group's album) with her singing.

No comments: