Saturday, March 10, 2007

The Quotable Simon Cowell: Season 6; Semi-Finals Week 3

To Sanjaya: "Maybe it's your hair that's keeping you in." Well, that and his smile.
After Jared performed: "I'm sort of disappointed over all because I'm not hearing the 'wow' factor." Is that related to the "X Factor" that you're always talking about?
To Sabrina: "It actually reminded me of a hotel resort performance." To which Paula responded: "If you're performing at any hotel, I'll go there," and Simon shot back, "Good. I'll send you."
To Antonella: "I feel for you because you've taken a lot of stick in the media. (If it hadn't been live TV, he probably would have used a different word.) I think you've handled yourself well throughout. I don't think anyone should be put in that position." That almost, I say almost, makes me feel bad about what I wrote about Antonella in the previous post.
To Haley Scarnato: "You know what I said to Paula about halfway through the song: I don't know your name." While Haley hasn't made an impression on the Cowell, she apparently made enough of an impression on viewers to sneak into the Top 12. (Y'know, she's got nice hair, too. Of course the "hair theory" utterly fails to explain Phil Stacy.)
To Melinda: "You little tiger. I thought we had a pussycat."
On why Sundance got cut: "The volume was turned down?"
About Idol's big charity event: "At the end of the day, all of us have done very well out of this show, so I'm glad that we can do something back." However, as I said in the last post, it would mean more, to me at least, if you could give something back without a camera pointed at you.

No comments: